Saturday 29 January 2011

Valentine card #2



This is the second Valentine card that I prepared, and with which I would like to participate to the following challenges:

Lexi's Creations #32 - Valentines
CYDA #12 - Love
A Spoonfull of Sugar #136 - Valentine
Crafts and Me #22 - Monochrome (I have used only green colour)
Delightful Challenges - Have a Heart
Charisma Cardz #4 - Valentines/Love
Paper Sundaes #53 - Distressing (I have inked and roughed the edges of the papers)
Mark's Finest Papers #40 - Valentine card
One Stop Craft Challenge #116 - Anything goes

With this card for the first time I used a technique I wanted to try for a time now: I embossed my stamp image on white cardstock with white embossing powder, then I coloured the paper with Distress Ink. I really like the result, so I'm sure to use this technique again (and buy more distress inks I guess... oh boy!).

I also used for the first time Sizzix Textured Impressions to some dry embossing. The result was soooo impressive, I couldn't believe it myself! I am afraid it will be hard for me to go back to my Fiskars embossing plates now!

So, the materials I used are:

- Papers:
   - White cardstock
   - Whitewash collection by Core'dinations
   - Pyrus by Basic Grey

- Stamps:
   - Tree stamp from Hero Arts 
   - Sentiment stamps... I don't remember which company! I *think* Papermania?
   - Tinted embossing stamp pad

- Seafoam white embossing powder by Papermania
- Distress inks Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap
- Burlap - Jim Holtz Alterations embossing folder
- Nellie Snellen oval die cut
- Ribbon from my stash

Hope you like it! Pin It

11 comments:

Mel010100 said...

It's beautiful!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty non traditional V Day card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Becky said...

beautiful card. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful, love the colours!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Crafteezee said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over.

lalkygirl said...

fab valentine card ,makes a great change from red,thanks for joining ud at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Alica said...

really cool! Great distressing!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes! Hope you'll play with us again soon!

Liz said...

Wonderful work very nice indeed thanks fpe joining our love theme at CYDA

Liz xxx

ladyjanet_56 said...

Love the card, image, DP's (would have looked pretty as an ATC). Thanks for joining in at OSCC, Janet.

Harriet Skelly said...

What a pretty heart tree! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Sarah said...

Hi, what a beautiful card, I love the image and muted colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our love challenge, good luck xxx

Post a Comment