Wednesday 13 April 2011

Life is like a rainbow

When I saw Wee Memories current challenge, which is about projects using twine, I was looking forward to receiving the twine I had ordered a few weeks ago from The Twinery. Yesterday, when I came back home I finally found the package waiting for me!

As soon as I opened it and saw all the wonderful colours, the Lili Pad colour challenge came to my mind. 

So, of course, I headed to my craft area to see what I could prepare.



I have to admit that it looks a bit more childish than what I planned, but I spent some time printing, die cutting and making the rainbow (had to make it twice, but one learns from one's mistakes, right?), so I thought I would still give it a try with the challenges. Plus, I love the quote ;o)

So this card is for the following challenges:






Supplies:

- Twine from The Twinery: Lemondrop, Mandarin, Caribbean, Peapod, Lilac
- Silhouette SD and "Sun and Rain cloud"
- Cardstock: craft, light blue and dark yellow from stash
- Glossy accents
- Distress inks: faded jeans and spiced marmalade
- Sakura gelly roll white
- Bazzill basic papers stitch templates

Hope you like it!

Pin It

17 comments:

Vicky said...

I love it Anastasia!!! Such a happy card!! Thanks for participating at Lilypad cards challenge

Julia said...

Very beautiful card :D Made me smile right away :D Thumbs up!! =))))

Giovana said...

This is awesome!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week.

Kelly said...

oh, SO CUTE! Love the rainbow!

Nancy K said...

wow...what a special design...I love the stitched border and the rainbow! What a perfect sentiment, it's so true, too! I'm so glad you played with us at Lily Pad Cards.
blessings~

Nerina said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the mix of image and sentiment - so creative!! Thanks for playing along at the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it looks childish at all, I love it! :)

Unknown said...

Super fun use of twine!

Laurel Beard said...

Super cute! Love all the twine! Cute, Cute, Cute! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories!

Lin said...

Beautiful card! Great message and lots of amazing details - well done!

Crafty Math Chick said...

That twine rainbow looks AWESOME!! that must have taken you a long time to get all the twine to line up like that and then adhere it in place. The stitching around the edge is fantastic too - AMAZING job!!

Kathy said...

Wow this is the coolest and so incredibly creative. Thanks for a good dose of inspiration. Another thanks for playing along with the "Color Throw down Challenge” at Lily Pad. :)

Jenny said...

What a great card, so creative! LOVE it! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! what an awesome creation! love it!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Thank you soooo much for all your comments, each and every one put a hug smile on my face ;o)

Jen Carter said...

LOVE this!! So cute and creative!

*~řäđĥïķã~* said...

beautiful card! so creative, just love it

Post a Comment