Wednesday 21 December 2011

Scrapbook*Life*Journal 2012 with Stephanie Ackerman


Hello - Hello!

Today I wanted to share with you something different. Yes, not a card for a change!

Lately I wanted to start a kind of journal... Mainly to record my thoughts, ideas and sayings that I hear/read and I like, souvenirs... you know what I mean. The issue was that I didn't want to do it alone. I thought it would be much better if I could do it with others, to encourage them and be encouraged, to share what we make...

In the meantime, about a month ago I ordered some stamps that I've been wanted for some time now, from Stephanie Ackerman. After I made the order, I looked for her blog to see what else she makes. This lady is making some amazing doodles that I just adore! I keep thinking "I wish I could do this!"

So reading her blog I found out that in January she starts an online class called Scrapbook*Life*Journal. It is a 12 month basic, easy, no stress "follow along" class... exactly what I was looking for! It includes a weekly journal prompt posted to a closed facebook page, a monthly pdf printable calendar, a monthly pdf printable doodle to color and embellish based on that month's theme, a pdf of journal prompts, quotes and verses based on the monthly subjects, techniques.

Well, didn't think much about it and I signed up.

My first NO-STRESS assignment was to prepare our folder for the year. For this we had to use about 56 papers, one for each month and week of the year. The only condition was to do it without stress, something she keeps reminding us. And we shouldn't think too much what kind of papers we would use, whatever we have will do, no matter how much we like them.

Let me tell you, it was therapeutic to finally use all those papers that in one way or another have been accumulating in a pile and I knew that I wasn't going to use! Satisfaction, even happiness and freedom each time I was cutting a paper to use for the folder, especially when it had colours and motifs that I new I would probably never use.

That's what I wanted to share with you today, and some photos of the folder that I made. If you want more details on the course, you can visit here.

Apologies for the quality of the photos but it was the best I could do. Weather is really crappy and there is no natural light...










Hugs,
Anastasia
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment