Friday 20 April 2012

Get Creative - April card sketch challenge

Good morning!!!

I hope this post is published correctly as it is a scheduled one. You see, by this time I'll be flying to London - not a business trip this time, a friend of mine is getting married so I'm going to enjoy London as a tourist for once!

So... time for a card, don't you think? I've been carried away with layouts lately, but I don't forget my first love!

Today we have another great card sketch challenge at Get Creative! The sketch is the following:




Based on the sketch, I made the following card:





As you can see, I changed the sketch into a landscape mode. The table lamp shades are chipboard by  Sfragidomania - "Table lamp shades set". Don't they have great details? I dressed the top part with paper and I painted their bases with red acrylic paint (the red one) and Distress Stain (the brown ones). I used my favourite Vintage Photo Distress Ink all around the shades and the card itself. You can see the details here:




Of course, I had to use some sewing around the card, since it fitted the style of the card and I'm in love with sewing! ;ο)

I hope you like it!

You can visit the Get Creative blog to get some amazing inspiration by the design team and to participate as well! The present for the winner this month is from generous Tina Suitella:


We'll be waiting!

Hugs,
Anastasia

Supplies:


Pin It

2 comments:

baileyrosy said...

Hi Natrasha, Hope you have a wonderful time in London, I,m going next week , Wishing you lots of sun, fun and shopping. Gorgeous card and very clever , love the idea behind it. Great paper piecing and fabulous design.

Marie

Valia Katzaki said...

Amazing!

Post a Comment