Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mixed Media canvas - Happy Birthday Mum!!!


Hello!

What I want to share with you today is one of my very favourite creations... The present I made last week for my mother's birthday - Happy Birthday Mum!

My first mixed media canvas:




Yes, I did my first mixed media canvas... and I enjoyed it sooo much! The main idea came from Vicki Boutin's book Creative Foundations. From there... I did whatever came to my mind and whatever I felt like doing! So...


I cut the heart from a box cardboard. I mod podged it with magazine pages, then I painted it with several acrylic paints and then with a baby wipe I would take off much of the colour. I glued the yellow buttons with dots and, of course, I had to finish it off with some doodling all around...



I enjoyed sooo much making the background! Much, much gesso, chipboard letters from my stash (that were too big to use in layouts, light green acrylic paint, on top turquoise acrylic paint again with baby wipe, thick clear embossing powder, gesso to make the circles and lines.



For the corner I used a ribbon that I sew to make the ruffles stick. Oh, and more clear embossing powder on the arrow that I had painted with red acrylic paint. I coloured the fabric thickers with Distress Inks.


And that's all. I was quite satisfied with this first attempt.

I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment