Thursday 25 October 2012

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for WW1

Good morning!!!

Finally autumn is here (and by "here" I mean Greece!). I mean, I love summer, it's my favourite season... but boy, did we need the change of weather!

So last night I made a layout that I really enjoyed. It is for White With One October's Challenge and this time the challenge requirements are

WHITE + YELLOW + STARS

I saw the stars and was so happy - I have a soft spot for them. So I prepared a layout with my sweet-sweet-sweet nephew/godchild Nikolas:


Until he was about four months old Nikolas would cry quite often. And when his aunt says often, it means a lot! Luckily after the first four months he changed completely and now he is one of the happiest, smiliest babies I've ever known!

So one day I went over his house to babysit for about an hour. I have to admit I was a bit worried about him crying the whole hour! Luckily, he was sleeping most of the time, so I took the opportunity to take him some (many!) photos. And that's how I have the photos that I used.

For the background I used a mask, modeling paste and yellow acrylic. I started with just a hint of colour at one corner and I kept adding color as I was moving on, until the colour at the other end was more profound

And a few close-up photos:


I used the glitter thickers (although I'm not a glittery girl!). But I love these letters, they are so shiny and fitted the title perfectly!





I made some stars confetti, put them in a vellum envelop. The hearts are rub-ons. Oh, and I LOVE my new sewing machine!




All around I wrote the lyrics from Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star in funny/childish letters. As for the background stars, once the modeling paste dried, I used the mask again and added a bit of shite, you can get an idea from the photo above I hope!

I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia Pin It

5 comments:

justice said...

E loipon eisai asteri! -stars-asterw...- apo kathe apopsi diladi! hehe :P Parakolouthw tis dimiourgies sou poli kairo natassaki k omos de sxoliaza k simera kathisa k skeftika poso adiko einai auto pros to dimiourgw....apla epeidi variemai na kanw log in . . . na mi moirazomai ton thavmasmo pou exw gia ta erga sou mazi sou.........kaneis apistefti douleia k latrevw to stil sou ,sto exw ksanapei...ti na pw gia tin tsaxpinia me ta asterakia sto sakoulaki?!?!!?mono esu tha mporouses na to skefteis.filia polla.

Unknown said...

((((Μαράκι))))) Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ για τα λόγια σου, πραγματικά το εκτιμώ πάρα πολύ!!!!

Sofia (sofia_chry) said...

Κάθε φορα Νατάσα με εντυπωσιάζεις...Πανέμορφη και παιχνιδιάρικη σύνθεση...Εννοείται οτι ξετρελάθηκα με τα αστεράκια στο σακουλάκι...Φοβερή ιδέα!!!!

Janice Nicholls said...

Oh WOW!!!!!!! This is gorgeous .... all the stars look fantastic, love the little envelope filled with stars, fabulous title, the journaling, the photo, banner, layers, stitching....I lOVE everything. Thanks so much for playing along and for sharing with us at WW1

Anonymous said...

Beautiful page great use of layering love it

Post a Comment