Thursday 1 November 2012

Scrapbookers in Greece - November challenge

Good morning and good month!!!

First day of November today, which means a new challenge over at Scrapbookers in Greece. This month Katerina asked us to make a layout about a moment that made us smile. It can be a phone call, a thought or an image, a coffee meeting with friends, our child's smile, an everyday moment.

For me it couldn't be anything other than my nephew/godchild! Specifically a series of photos that capture all the different smiles of Nikolas while he's playing the "airplane" with his dad! (I'm so sorry you can't see them... as per his mother request, you understand!):




This month's sketch is the following:



And some close-ups:

I used some (forgotten) chipboard clouds from Maya Road and dressed them with pattern papers. I used my favourite Studio Calico wood veneers to give the speech:




For the following clouds instead of pattern paper I used white flock - it is a bit more visible than in my previous cards I think?

Because the light blue colours seemed a bit monotonous to me I used red details to drive a bit the eye - like in the pattern papers, the red ribbon below the title and the red heart brad you can see below:




For the journaling I saw the other day a great idea at Two peas in a bucket that I really liked... you actually sew the lines for the journaling (it is obvious how much I like my new sewing machine, right?). I let the twine to fall naturally around the journaling and in some points I used a bit of matte gel medium to glue it.



So, that's all from me for now... I hope you like it!

Why don't you come over at Scrapbooking in Greece to get some amazing inspiration from the design team and play along with us? There is a super prize for the winner as well!

Hugs,
Anastasia

PS: I have subscribed to Shimelle's latest workshop Scrapbook Remix which is about mixing patterned paper collections. I used a couple of separate patterned papers that are quite old and cannot find them online anymore, and also papers from different collection... it is quite soothing cutting and using loads of old papers that have been accumulating this last year!

Supplies:

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment