Monday 17 December 2012

When eyes speak louder than words...


Good morning!!!

Today I wanted to share with you a layout I made more than 10 days ago. It was the last time I entered my craft room to create something... Work has been worse than frantic these last few days, but I'm waiting for my Christmas holidays and then I'll surely do something again! At least I had the DT cards I had made so my blog didn't go to sleep ;) And I would delay this post even more, but one of the challenge that inspired me is about to expire and that wouldn't it be a pity to miss it?

So, a few days ago I shared a layout that I made with my favourite photo of Nikolas from my nephews' christenings. Today the layout is about my favourite photo of Andreas from the christenings:


I just loved how the photographer was able to capture this family moment, with dad, mom and their baby. And one thing I have realised with my layouts lately is just how important it is to me that the photos I scrap have a meaning to me, reminds me or means something to me. Then the process of creating a layout cannot be compared...

I kept the colours in green/lettuce and blue/turquoise on purpose as those were the colours of the christenings. I used the sketch from Sketchbook 365 of Scrap 365 and it's the following one:



I also saw The Studio Challenges latest challenge that asks us to use lots and lots of layers... boy, who could stop me! I kept cutting up my papers... I think at the end I counted something like 9 or 10 layers! For so many months I kept "protecting" my favourite papers and keeping them "for this special layout"... By now I have more papers than I actually need, so I said - that's it. Let's start cutting some papers!

And some closer photos:

A number of embellies in the corner and the wooden embellishments are dad, mom and their son ;) The black letters with the definition of miracle are rub-ons. I thought I should use the word miracle in combination with the mathematical calculation of love on the top right corner of the layout (next photo)... Because very new life that comes to this world is a miracle to me!



Once again I dressed the wooden embellishments with washi tape and wrote on them the mathematical calculation of family with rubons:



The journaling is written on a tag and inside a transparent envelop. Really simple, it only says that sometimes words are needless when photos say it all.


And I highlighted what it is that the protagonists' eyes are saying... just in case it wasn't clear enough ;o)


So that's all from me today... I hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia
Pin It

5 comments:

Riikka Kovasin said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! And those little speach bubbles, wow <3

Maya said...

You make very beautiful things, love your style :)

Morag Cutts said...

Love this adorable page. Love those speech bubbles and all the little details. TFS

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a great caption! Fab layering and so many fun details!

glorygirl said...

WOW!!!! Truly amazing page! Love all the layers, the speech bubbles and the amazing details everywhere! Gorgeous page!

Post a Comment