Monday 1 July 2013

Get Creative - July layout

Good morning, good week and good month!!!

We have a new challenge for Get Creative today! Quite simple actually... (hihihi): you are asked to use only red embellishments! Your papers, title, photos can be in any colour you want... but the embellishments have to be in red only!

I chose a photo with Lola that I wanted to scrap some time now and since the background is a red pillow, it was perfect for this challenge. Poor Lola, we put a scarf around her neck and she stayed immobile without moving anything except the funny expressions on her face until we put the scarve away!

Here's the result:


To make the layout a bit brighter I used a mask with modelling paste behind the photo and added splatters in white colour.

Then... I reached out to my acrylic paints and my mists! I painted the cat wood veneers with acrylics and the arrows and the crochet heart with mists. The crochet heart is actually from Get Creative Embellishments.


I cut some details from a pattern paper and added my favourite details - enamel dots, flair, sewing, doodling... And the layout was ready!

Come over at Get Creative to see how the design team has used red embellishments, with so different and awesome results! This month's winner will not only come back as guest designer for September, but will also get this amazing cutting and embossing die from Tina Suitella!!!












Hope you like it!

Hugs,
Anastasia






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment