Saturday 5 October 2013

Cards... finally!!!

It's been sooo long since the last time I made a card!!! So I just had to go and make four for my card challenge over at Get Creative, lol! (Although I have to admit that I did find it quite difficult... I do need to practice more!)

So it's my turn for a card challenge and I think it is quite simple: use watercolours!

You can use any kind of watercolours you want - from gouache and watercolour pads to distress inks or even the watercolour pencils of your children... Whatever is in hand and is water soluble!

As I said, I made four cards with different watercolour materials:

Distress Markers:



I just insisted in using my Distress Markers that I so rarely use. I watched videos, practiced a lot and finally I have to admit that they are very easy to use (on watercolour paper that is!) and I really, really enjoyed it.


Inktense Watercolour Pencils


Of course I had to use some watercolour pencils, right? So I heat embossed the flowers, added my favourite happy colours and used my water pen to work with them (So you see, I do use flowers every now and then... ;) )



Distress Ink Watercolour Background



Tested, known and favourite technique: just add distress inks on a background stamps, carefully mist it with water and stamp your paper


Neocolor II




Finally I had to use my very favourite watercolour pastels Neocolor II... Amazing quality and colours... Here I used them to colour the mistable arrows and the wood veneers - cloud and rain

So that's it from me... I hope you like them, that you are a bit inspired, at least enough to come and play with us!

The winner of my challenge will get some of my favourite products - a 6x6 paper pad from Crate Paper, a wood veneer package... and of course watercolour - an Ecoline bottle.


And don't forget that one lucky winner of this month will get a great gift from Scraps n Pieces, our sponsor this month!


So come over at Get Creative to celebrate with us this awesome month full of card challenges!

Hugs,
Anastasia







Pin It

2 comments:

yyam said...

Wow. These are amazing! I have all your medium supplies except the distress markers. Would you recommend investing in them?/

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Lovely cards!
I admit it, I gave up coloring on cards a few years ago - I just didn't have the patiente to work with it. But IF I need to do color work, ordinary water colors are my fav paint to work with (all my pens dried out, eventually *lol*)

Post a Comment